Jon's Integrity (was Re: [geeks] Etiquette)

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 29 13:07:36 CDT 2001

On Sun, 29 Jul 2001, Ken Hansen wrote:

> Oh, you taunt us all with your inside talk..
>
> STS?

Sun's Technical conference for all the service and service-related folks.
Last year was 3 weekends, I spoke at two of the three.  (There were
*thousands* of folks there from all over the world.  I think the total
attendance was close to 10K for the three weekends.)

> What will your presentation be on?

Last year I spoke on E10000 issues - new software, planned upgrades, etc.
I also did demo-room duty for an as-yet-unreleased product.

Met Jon Katz in person there.

This year I will probably be speaking about the system to follow the
E10000, code-named Starcat.  (I just checked the web, there are *tons* of
references, so i guess I can mention it.)

-A side note - Bill and I decided a ways back that I would not mention my
job in the open while I was active on any support-based lists, as it
would not be a great idea.  However, I am no longer on those lists due to
time constraints, and "geeks" is not sun-specific.  My main goal is to
protect Sun, as they are good enough to trust me, so I try to return the
favor by being circumspect.  (Also, I did not want to get hammered with
questions.  Work is bad enough! <g>)

-Pete