Cooking (was Re: Jon's Integrity (was Re: [geeks] Etiquette)

Amy geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 29 00:47:04 CDT 2001

On Sun, 29 Jul 2001, Ken Hansen wrote:

> What? How much - I've never heard of this, and tomorrow is "Egg Day" - my
> son (5 yrs. old) & I are home alone all day, and we have scrambled eggs and
> watch Spongebob Square Pants together...
>
> Amy, please describe this "twist" please - my son does *love* butter. esp.
> little butter cups...

preheat a pan, midrange (4 if you have gas, use medium-high if your range is
electric). wait about a minute so the pan is hot but not smoking, then
throw in a generous chunk of butter (i use about a 1/4 stick of land o' lakes
or falferrias), let it melt til its sizzling, then throw in the already
well-beaten and fluffed eggs. then take a whisk and beat the shit out of
them *continuously* over the heat until they are very firm (takes maybe two
minutes ofr two eggs). take em off the heat and then drop a teeny tiny
slice of butter on them and stir again til it sorta coats the eggs.

i came up with this after getting some bizarre craving for bacon (black
label thick) and scrambled egg toast sandwiches. problem is the toast or
the eggs was never buttery enough, so i just added more butter to the eggs.

if you use margarine, use blue bonnet sticks.

it's not healthy..but it's damn good :)

--a