[geeks] UPS and shipping morons

D.A. Muran-de Assereto geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 28 23:48:24 CDT 2001

You DO NOT want to know what packing and shipping on the Cube cost me....

Delivery in Miami (zip 33178) is a strange thing most times, anyway. The
Post
Office decided that I had moved once, and held my mail until I got curious
as
to the lack of normal bills, and asked the postman about it.

I've had delivery probs with all of the major carriers, ranging from
misdelivery
to outright rudeness to my wife. I had a Sun 24" shipped to me via Airborne
Express,
and the delivery guy refused to bring it to the apartment. He told my 5'2",
100 lb
wife that she had to hump the monitor up three flights of stairs, and, that
if she didn't,
he would take it back to the warehouse for me to go pick up later. All this
because
he didn't bring a dolly....They reimbursed me half the shipping costs on
that one.

UPS gave my thousand-dollar, insured 4700 tape drive to someone random who
was kind
enough to let me know it was at their house. No notification from them; all
they told
me was that they had fulfilled their commitment.

FEDEX is just as bad...they have said I refused delivery on heavy stuff they
don't
want to lug up three flights, and returned it to the sender. This is all
pre-paid
stuff, mind you.

Dave Muran
(the other Dave M.)