[geeks] UPS and shipping morons

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 28 23:44:30 CDT 2001

> I'm *never* going near MBE again.  What a bunch of overcharging, clueless
> fucks (turns out they charged me $14 for a box that my normal place
> charges $5 for...).

Odd, the MBE here in Escondido is just the opposite - they have packed all
sorts of difficult items for me, charge very little, and I've *never* had
a problem.

I think the franchise owners have much to do with it - Matt Parker (laz)
ran into one (in New Hampshire) that told him he couldn't have the UPS
tracking number, as it was confidental between the shipper and UPS - but
it was his package!!!!

UPS does suck, you should see what they did to one monitor - a
double-boxed sun 19" monitor, case *shattered*, box dribbling peanuts all
the way up the driveway, guy left it sitting by our door.

-P