[geeks] Etiquette

Jody Stephens geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 28 17:24:30 CDT 2001

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 06:19:57PM -0400, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> Ken wrote:
> > You were going to wake him up, assuming he would be in a third bed, not your
> > roomates - he changed the terms of the agreement.
>
> *nod*
>
> > I would have left, doing nothing, but a few minutes from the house, I would
> > have called back (cell/payphone) and asked the roomate to wake him - you are
> > sorry, but you forgot...
>
> Brilliant! Ken wins! Here, have a bratwurst.

Exactly, it's just that all this stuff needs to be written down in some
sort of medium, with some sort of quick lookup, something like the
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Big red letters "Don't Panic", and
helpful entries like

"In the event of needing to wake up your roommate and your friend after
they have had sex. First of all "Don't Panic", next leave, then call back
later to wake up the intended party".

This is exactly what I want for my life, no more confused moments in the
morning.