[geeks] Etiquette

Jonathan Katz geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 28 13:40:03 CDT 2001

Josh wrote:
> Was someone an english major here?

No... I was kinda being sarcastic, but I probably could scrounge up some
english-major friends of mine who'd laugh at it and maybe even agree...

> Hmm, so I was to call one major at my school the most morally loose, what
> would it be?

It would probably vary from school to school. Wouldn't Playboy's College
Hotties issue (or whatever it's called) have a pie-chart w/ a breakdown...
some kind of scale associating which major with loosest of morals? How does
one judge loose morals, anyway?

> Well, I think I've known more morally loose education majors than
> anything, however, I've also know more extremely conservative educations
> majors than anything, and education is in fact the bigest major at my
> school.

See, here I can speak w/o making silly sweeping generalizations. I know
a lot of Education majors around here (between the education programs
at Butler, Ball State, etc.) and although everyone knows that Ball State
is a party school (nee David Letterman) a lot of the education majors
keep on the up-and-up. You see, even a minor infraction (like public
intox-- common on most college campuses) will prevent someone from
getting a teaching license.

-Jon