[geeks] Clerks and Cars

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 27 23:43:39 CDT 2001

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 01:48:43AM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> *Happy*. My 1985 Nissan Sentra (77k) now has A/C. It's a rolling POS car,
> looks like shit, but it *always* runs. Can't say that about either of the
> two Fords (87 Tempo[rary], and 81 LTD) or the 1980-something Chrysler New
> Yorker (a Yankee car in the south.. no wonder it was only $300!)

I used to have a 86 sentra.  I beat on that car rather much.  Such as,
when there was a two foot tall snow drift accross the road, I just ran
straight through it at a good clip (I really wanted to get home rather
than being stranded somewhere).

What did the car in was driving in 4 inches of slush at again a good
clip.  All the slush beating the underside of the car from the tires was
too much for the rusted floor to handle, so 6" of slush got packed
underneath the carpet on the passenger side of the car.

--
Joshua D. Boyd