[geeks] Dinking around with Chipmunk BASIC...

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 27 07:58:09 CDT 2001

And it looks very nice, actually - it has a lot of
features that the MS basic (8K, IIRC) installed on
TRS-80s never had...

Also, in Chipmunk BASIC you can access STDIN and
STDOUT, and cause a program to run from your shell
(command 'basic program.bas' will invoke the
interpreter, load program.bas, and start execution.
End the program with an exit command, and it will
return control to the shell at the end of the program.

Anyone familiar with the roots of Chipmunk BASIC?

Oh, and while looking for my "101 Basic Computer
Games" book from 20+ years ago, but found instead a
"sealed" 10th anniversary issue, and my "best of"
Creative Computing magazine, volumes 1, 2, and 3.

Not to mention "The Secret Guide to Computers"...

All I need now is Ted Nelson's "Computer Lib/Computer
Dreams"...

Ken

=====
Ken