[geeks] So what is a "Frankenmac"?

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 25 12:48:52 CDT 2001

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 12:47:19PM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 10:22:02AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 10:59:27AM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> > > Yeah, but did she manage to get her SB Live working under either
> > > OS?  That's the real test of a sophisticate SO.
> >
> > Of course.  She cant survive without her 5 gig of MP3s.
>
> neither can i. :)

I have a few MP3s at home, but I find that I just don't like MP3s as much
as CDs.  I guess a lot of what I listen to is pretty bad for MP3s (lots
of low volumes, which is bad for linear digital audio in general, and
lots of subtlety.  In songs that I can do an AB comparison, it often
isn't that hard to tell the difference), but I don't enjoy listening to
MP3s for long periods of time that much.

--
Joshua D. Boyd