[geeks] dave's insanity sauce

Will Mc Donald geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 25 02:56:45 CDT 2001

From: "Will Mc Donald" <wmcdonald at orctel.co.uk>
> From: "Bill Bradford" <mrbill at mrbill.net>
>
> > Well, fuck me.  I'll read the label next time. 8-)
>
> If it helps I think milk and/or beer break down the active ingedient that
> causes the chilli effect far better than water. For future reference. :)

Actually a brief search turned up...

http://www.chemsoc.org/exemplarchem/entries/mbellringer/use.htm

"If during your experimentation you find you have misjudged the heat of a
pepper, water and beer will be of little help. Tequila has a high enough
ethanol content to help a little more, but by far the greatest relief comes
from fatty foods and dairy products. It is no co-incidence so many curries
include cream or butter, and that Mexican food is often served with soured
cream or guacamole."

Damn, all that wasted beer.

Will.