[geeks] dave's insanity sauce

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 25 01:21:25 CDT 2001

Reposted from a.s.r.: 8-)

Newsgroups: alt.sysadmin.recovery
From: mrbill at mrbill.net (Bill Bradford)
Subject: jesus mary mother of god

I'd been reading about Dave's Insanity Sauce here lately, and
when the wife and I went to Central Market here in Austin
tonight, I told her I'd like to pick up a bottle to try it.

She headed over towards the bbq sauce and such aisle, while
I perused the ramen.

She comes back with what she found, we plunked it in the basket,
and headed home.  She said later "I just looked for the Dave's
label, and grabbed what I found". [1]

A couple of minutes ago, I decided to test it out while we were
in the kitchen.  Got it out, opened it up, took a whiff.  She's
like "I dare you to try it".  I should have known better. [2]

I took a TINY dab on my finger, and tasted it.  Went like this:

1 second: "hrm, flavorful"
2 seconds: "hrm, not so bad"
3 seconds: "wait a minute"
3.5 seconds: "woah, nellie. wtf"
4 seconds: "oh shit..."
5 seconds: THERMITE BOMB ON TONGUE
6 seconds: <croaking> "water..."
<she laughs>
7-12 seconds: downed entire 17oz bottle
of water.
15 seconds: <croaking> "bread.."
20 seconds onwards: bread and water, scraping the
dead flesh off my tongue.

After I'd recovered (and my god, are my sinuses
clean) I look at the bottle.  "Dave's TOTAL Insanity Sauce".

Well, fuck me.  I'll read the label next time. 8-)

Definitely good shit, altho I'm dreading tomorrow morning
on the toilet.

Bill

[1] Never let the woman "go get" the hot sauce.
[2] I've been reading up on it here.  I should have really
    known better.

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net