[geeks] Easy to dis-assemble systems...

James Fogg geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 24 09:05:51 CDT 2001

My vote for quicky cases has to go to the IBM PS/2's. No tools, only
push-rivets. No cables, only risers. I could empty the case in 30 seconds
(actually timed it too).

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, THOU SPAKE:
> The easiest system I've seen to take apart was the DEC Professional -
> everything slid out - the only tool you needed was a pen - Mike N. saw
> it when I stopped by in Laural, MD...
>
> I have seen well-built PCs, but they have all gone away once prices hit
> the floor...
>
> On the opposite end of the spectrum, I have seen PCs *slapped* together
> in under 15 minutes (from a pile of cardboard boxes) at computer
> shows...
>
> Now *I* build my own PCs, in the manner I have seen them built - with
> wire ties, proper cables, etc...
>
> I am so "old school"...
>
> Ken

	 James D. Fogg, Network Engineer
	Vicinity Corporation - Lebanon, NH

     DESK (603) 442-1751 - CELL (603) 252-1864
     PAGER (802) 742-0280 - HOME (603) 526-7729
            EMAIL jfogg at vicinity.com

If you can read this e-mail, Thank a Network Engineer!