[geeks] ADMINISTRIVIA: VACATION MESSAGES

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 23 10:16:03 CDT 2001

I've had to unsubscribe FOUR people from various lists this morning
due to their "vacation" (or equivalent Outlook "Out Of Office") messages
continually responding to the mailing lists that they're subscribed to.

>From this point forward - if I see *any* of these, the person responsible
will be unsubscribed, and will need to resubscribe when they get back from
vacation.

If you're going on vacation, please do one of the following:

1.  Go into the web management page for the list(s) you're on:
    and set yourself to "no delivery".
2.  Unsubscribe yourself *before* you leave
3.  Set your autoresponder to *not* respond to mailing lists.

Then, when you get back, either set yourself to 'delivery' again,
or resubscribe.  I *dont* want to have to do it myself; I'm busy enough
as it is.

Thanks.

Bill

--