[geeks] Killing process by name with cron.

William S. geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 22 12:54:28 CDT 2001

I have my PC166MMX playing streaming audio at night
and usually fall asleep with it running. I use a
ncurses app called trplayer to do this. The problem
is, in the morning cron runs various programs that max
out the memory and lock up the whole thing. What I
would like to do is set up a "kill" in my6 crontab to
kill trplayer and give me some memory "elbow room".

Is there any script I can write that can kill the
process by name? Something like ps -a | grep trplayer
| kill bla bla bla?

Any suggestions?

Bill
Amsterdam, NL