[geeks] Re: geeks digest, Vol 1 #248 - 15 msgs

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 21 16:06:43 CDT 2001

I had the same reaction - that is an *incredible* price for a system with such limitations (no
CD-ROM, 2.5" IDE HD, no on-board console interface (maybe a serial port, too lazy to look again
;^), and no *sound*!)

For similar money a dual-pentium whup-ass system could be built-up using nice things like
Ultra-160 SCSI, hot-swap, internal CD-ROM, onboard console, etc...

**OR** you could get *two* Sun Blade 100s, and spend the last $500 on upgrades for both of them!

That is serious money for an *interesting* design exercise system, IMHO...

Ken