[geeks] Network Solutions rant

Jody Stephens geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 21 09:28:02 CDT 2001

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 06:17:06AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
[snip]
> Exactly.  Web admin solves the problem of "I just had to move my system
> to another ISP without warning, and now I *cant* send mail from
> contact at mydomain".

Or even better. I thought I was being together and went and made the change
to our new isp. Original isp cuts connection. Then a week later they "reverted"
to my old config, because I did not fill out the right form. With no notice.
I think my record for "on hold is with them"... Somewhere around 1.5 hours.
God 1.5 hours for some guy to say it was *MY* fault they fucked up. And he says
that $the only way to fix it is to send email from me at domain, I say but I can't
do that because you guys went and fucked up my record so there is no name
service, he says well you need to send an email from me at domain.

God... What a fucking horrible company.