[geeks] T H E??b r i Q

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 19 09:31:06 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 09:01:18AM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:

> I always liked how Iris machines were sold with no LP password to people
> who had no idea what the lp account was.  What person though it was a good
> idea to sell unsecure machines to artists with no sense of security?

artists hell, there was an SGI reseller who ran their entire site on SGI boxes
with those passwordless accounts enable.  until i sent them mail from their
systems mentioning that maybe they should put passwords on these account, they
then fixed them.  but what if i had been one of those people with maliceous[sic]
intent? morons, didn't even say thanks.

-brian