[geeks] Re: [geeks] Re: [geeks] Re: [geeks] RE: [geeks] Re: [geeks] Re: [geeks] T H E  b r i Q

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 18 19:13:13 CDT 2001

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 05:26:35PM -0500, ward at zilla.nu wrote:
> If you're unhappy that a new machine doesn't have cheap and accessable
> video upgradeability, I imagine that your complaint should not be with
> the vidcard manufacturers but with the system manufacturers.  Then
> again, I doubt the briq is really sold as a workstation.

I suppose you could say that, however, PCI 66/64 is highly standard.  More
standard than AGP.  Thus, it is the video board makers that are out of
line.

Of course, I think the HP-FX boards are 66/64, so maybe it would be better
to just try and get them to support XFree.  After, does HP's X server
support things like the rendering extension, and the DPS extension?

--
Joshua D. Boyd