[geeks] Re: [geeks] Re: [geeks] T H E  b r i Q

James Sharp geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 18 15:18:28 CDT 2001

> Yeah, I know, but what are people with Alphas, pre AGP G4s (not to mention
> G3) Macs, Briqs, Suns, IBMs, etc supposed to do for video?  Not to mention
> people who want great performance on a dual or triple head system.

Silly..you're supposed to trade all that antique hardware in and buy a
3049234 Thz PeeCee.

But seriously...I don't forsee much in the way of development of cards
like that.  Since 99.5% of the high-performance video hardware is driven
by the PC Gaming industry and they're all latched onto the AGP
interface...I think those of us with real hardware are pretty much
screwed unless we want to buy the one or two proprietary and most likely
quite expensive 64-Bit PCI/66 cards that do get developed.