[geeks] get your used E10ks now!

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 16 14:49:48 CDT 2001

I can't believe they really think someone will wander around their web site looking for a "deal" on an E10K!

Wouldn't these folks have an account rep. to "take care" of their needs?

My neighbor used to be the District Manager for Chrysler in the early 70's, and once a year, they would gather all their "turkey cars" (poor color/option packages, etc.) and get all the sales managers together in a hotel and on one left till the turkeys were sold. Maybe you knew someone with a rental fleet, someone with a delivery service, etc...

I am sure Sun has a similar mechanism for "disposing" of such items - eBay? ;^) (I can just see it now - bidding starts at $1! No Reserve! S/H extra!)

Ken
BTW - he had some *great* parties - not that I could go, but my fun was outside, along the sidewalk - all the managers of the various Chrysler dealerships (which incl. Plymouth and Dodge) used to come to his parties in their company cars - Road Runers, Barracuda, and, my all time favorite "Superbirds" - once there were three of them in front of his house... Damn, that was a sight!)