[geeks] New toy!

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 16 13:24:45 CDT 2001

Some of you may remember a very nice man from White Arrow in the UK telling
us that they had some PDP-11s to give to loving homes.  Well, after several
anxious weeks, one just turned up on my doorstep.  Woo-hoo!

It's a /73 with an RD-52A disk.  There's no expansion cards, just a serial
port and an odd-looking Centronics style port labelled 'FGH PDP 1'.  It's
going to be some time before I get round to working on it, but the
intention is to put it online via a terminal server.  I'll give accounts
to people who want to test their code on a bizarre machine - if it works
on $Unix_of_choice and a PDP, it'll probably work anywhere :-)

Now, if anyone has a Microvax II ...

--=20

Do not be afraid of cooking, as your ingredients will know and misbehave
   -- Fergus Henderson