[geeks] vmstat modification

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 15 19:24:44 CDT 2001

On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 12:58:25PM -0700, William S. wrote:
> I tried running it and it just hung there.
> Maybe it's the version I have and the fact
> it is a Linux OS. Are you using Solaris/SUN
> with that?

I was rather surprised by that solution - pipes are buffered* and so you
won't get any output immediately, and when you do start getting output,
it's going to be very bursty.

* - at least, they appear to be when I try it on this 'ere Linux box.

Do not be afraid of cooking, as your ingredients will know and misbehave
   -- Fergus Henderson