[geeks] mac g3 upgrade cards

Big Endian geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 12 11:25:40 CDT 2001

>Looks like I'm going to go towards a G3 upgrade card for
>the PowerMac 7600 instead of being able to get a straight-g3
>system.  Suggestions?  I'm leaning towards xlr8's stuff.
>
>Bill
>
>--
>Bill Bradford
>mrbill at mrbill.net
>Austin, TX

I've heard good things about XLR8.  I personally use some 200mhz 604e
card from Newertech and I love it.  I've had no issues.  It even
works with the slower cache module from my 8500.  G3s obviously don't
care about that thing but I think newertech is a good buy.  I like
the Mach Carrier cards from xlr8 just by design but Newertech also
has one out there.  The only downside to newertech is that they
closed up shop here in january so the stuff is going to be hard to
find/ get support for/etc.

daniel