[geeks] Pictures of DEC paper tapes (was Re: FT: BIG HAUL of MAINDEC..)

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 9 21:53:50 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 09:32:22PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:

odd, vim locked hard on me mid reply.  that's a first.

> Look at the link at the bottom of the pages, it has a link back to the

hmm, that never even occured to me. :)

> page I got it from.  "album" is a simple perl script that uses Imagemagick
> to generate thumbnails.  I like it because its a static page, and doesent
> depend on CGI to work - and if you add more images to a directory (or a tree),
> you just re-run album and it ONLY generates thumbs for the new images (unless
> you force it to regenerate all of them).

looks like album is exactly the direction i was headed.  only i was at the very
beginning, and album is finished. :)  i'm a big fan of static pages as the rule,
dynamic pages as the exception.  this tool rocks.

> I like it, lots.  You just go to the directory or head of a tree structure
> where all your pictures are, and run "album" and wait a few minutes.

wait? are you insane? i'm not _THAT_ patient. :)  a few minutes?  your computers
are obviously quite a bit faster than mine. :)

-brian