[geeks] Appletalk anyone?

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 8 23:56:57 CDT 2001

On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 06:22:35PM -0700, geoffr wrote:
> I'v "upgraded" matrox millenium and Milennium II's to be mac compatible by
> popping them into a mac and running the firmware update from matrox :)
> works great :) I dunno if that will help y'all any though...

I just realized that I had a 4meg Mill II lying around.  Got it, blew the
dust off, downloaded the bios and updater, shut down, installed it, booted
up, ran the BIOS flasher.  It ran, but then said "BIOS not updating properly -
do it again".  I tried 2-3 times, then gave up and rebooted.

Now, with the card in, the Mac just hangs at the opening "grey screen" -
with no output on the Mill2.  System wont even go to happy-mac with the
card in, so I cant re-flash it.

I guess I just fried a Mill2, unless I can re-flash it on a PC...

*sigh* this woulda been so cool, too - video upgrade for free. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net