[geeks] Will Apple Airport cards do this......

Big Endian geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 30 15:59:59 CST 2001

>Will they work with other party 802.11b basestations???

airport cards and basestations are 802.11b compliant.  That said I've
seen them not work with things before because of the level of fine
grained control you *DONT* get with the airport software.  In
particular the combination of AiroNet cards and Airport cards takes a
lot of doing(tweeking the ciscos) in the situation that I used them
in(mall food court, my powerbook, borrowed airport card, windows
laptop w/ cisco card).

Unfortunately I've never had the opportunity to use a basestation.

daniel