[rescue] Re: [geeks] I think I need to change my pants... ;^)

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 23 10:29:07 CST 2001

Are Apple Store "sales persons" paid on commission? I got the distinct
impression that they are not, maybe compensated based on store
performance. The only thing I ever said to the sales person was that I
was interested in a Powerbook but unsure about which model, and after a
few quick questions, he wandered off to leave me to my decision. He
didn't even try and give me a card.

It was nice to not think about how the sales person is compensated...

I am still digesting my experience at the Apple Store, but the best I
can describe it as at this point is a blend of "Land Rover Discovery
Centers" and IKEA, without the crowd.

I think I saw about 7 or 8 Ti books sold during my hour in the store...

I guess the Apple Stores are the only places with the ComboDrive Ti
Powerbooks in stock.

Ken