[geeks] non-prescription painkillers

Kurt Mosiejczuk geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 20 10:10:45 CST 2001

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Mike Meredith wrote:

> And a prescription for dihydrocodeine isn't that difficult to get if
> you're on the maximum dosage of Nurofen Plus(?) (Ibuprofen+Codeine) and
> not getting much in the way of relief.

If you're going to bring prescriptions into it, you might want to try
Celebrex.  My wife has a chronic pain condition (the pain scale lists
it as greater than the acute pain of amputation of a digit).  The doctor
gave her Celebrex when she hurt her foot, and the Celebrex knocked the
pain down a notch or two, usually she needs Tylenol w/Codeine 3 to be
able to do that.

It's a once a day also.  Althought the doctor said the FDA has just
approved it for twice a day use for treating acute pain.  It's even
better if you can get it as samples from your doctor =)

--Kurt