[geeks] "Santa Wars"

Tom Borton geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 19 19:45:47 CST 2001

At least that's what my wife is calling them.  We're having a discussion
about whether Santa wraps presents or not, because our oldest is now 3
and really looking forward to Santa.  One of us has had the tradition of
Santa wrapping the presents in wrapping paper distinct from other
presents, the other has the tradition of no wrapping at all.  The
proponent of the first method had siblings and argues that gift wrap
makes it easy to tag; the other did not and doesn't think it's
important.

This doesn't count bulky/awkward gifts, just the normal clothes,
bread-box sized toys, etc.

She's posting to her online group, I'm posting to mind.  If we asked
neighbors and friends, the owner of each perspective would be obvious as
soon as we opened our mouths, so we drafted the above together to try
and remain neutral.

So what are the Santa traditions out there?

Tom