[geeks] Software Bloat

Andrew Weiss geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 19 10:29:02 CST 2001

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, William Enestvedt wrote:

>    A'course I didn't do the work (I only clipped and folded finished stuff),
> and it was in the late 80's, but I bet it still works the same way.

Last one I saw for a t-shirt company used a Windows based design app and a
floppy drive on the actual machine with the templates and design files.

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.