[geeks] MacOS X (was: Happy Holidays, everyone.)

Greg A. Woods geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 17 13:13:19 CST 2001

[[ why can't you people change the subject line when you change the
   topic of conversation!?!?!?!?!?  :-(  ]]

[ On Monday, December 17, 2001 at 13:08:49 (-0500), Andrew Weiss wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Happy Holidays, everyone.
>
> On Sun, 16 Dec 2001, Bryan Fullerton wrote:
>
> > I like my TiBook. Didn't even bother installing Classic, and formatted
> > the drive as UFS - don't even try telling me it's not *NIX. :)
>
> It must be really slow then.  OS X seems to work best with HFS+.  Every
> time I used UFS it was a dog.  I learned my lesson long ago.

albiet far less securely and undoubtably with less integrity too (though
the latter has yet to be proven), and furthermore with some non-unix-like
restrictions on the way the filenames work

--
								Greg A. Woods