[geeks] Happy Holidays, everyone.

Bryan Fullerton geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 16 22:53:59 CST 2001

On Sunday, December 16, 2001, at 11:19 PM, James Sharp wrote:
> A PB G3 with OSX 10.1 is truly a righteous computing platform.  I'm not
> going back to anything else.

I like my TiBook. Didn't even bother installing Classic, and formatted
the drive as UFS - don't even try telling me it's not *NIX. :)

> The networking stuff is just snazzy.  Open it up at home and it attaches
> to the airport network here & grabs a DHCP address...close it, it goes
> into suspend...open it up when I get to work and it attaches to the
> airport network there & grabs a DHCP address....close it, take it
> somewhere without airport, plug it into the ethernet & it grabs a DHCP
> address...

I have airport at the office and it's schweet. Now just have to see if I
can somehow justify the cost for home - split the cost of the one at the
office with guys I share the space with. Doesn't help that I don't mind
the 50' 10baseT cable in the living room, and it's just me here. Need to
find a SO with a wireless laptop - hmm, that might not be a bad personal
ad... ;)

Bryan

--
Bryan Fullerton               http://bryanfullerton.com/
Core Competence               uunet.ca!gts!cspace!bryanf