[geeks] new lists? 8-)

John Duksta geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 14 07:27:03 CST 2001

At 01:28 PM 12/13/2001 -0600, Amy wrote:

>i'm fond of most cuisines as well. only thing i'm hesitant about is
>anything with fish in it. i think i was fed too many fishsticks as a kid
>or something :)

Amy,

If you and Bill ever have a chance to get up here to Boston,
Andrea and I will take you out for some seafood that will
knock your socks off. Your hesitance is understandable, as
fishsticks are not *real* fish (in the same way that American
cheese is not *real* cheese)

Having grown up on the coast in Rhode Island, I was spoiled
by an ever present abundance of excellent seafood. When I
took a job in Ohio, I was sorely disappointed by the dearth
of seafood available, but not wholly surprised due to the
fact of being 1000 miles inland.

Moral of the story: if you want really good seafood, you've
got to be in a coastal region.

-john