[geeks] SHOULD I GET A SUNBLADE 100

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 13 18:09:12 CST 2001

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 06:56:18AM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 06:34:16AM -0500, Ken Hansen wrote:
> > Remember, this fellow is in the UK - U60s may not be as plentiful over
> > there...
> I bet they dont have electricity, running water, or paved roads either!
> No Internet, either - they just pluck a string in binary!

Strings?  You have strings?  Bloody luxury!  We're lucky if we have a damp
sheep we can kick in morse code!

And we all work 25 hours a day down pit, pay a shilling a week for the
privelege, and we get a bag of gravel for our christmas bonus.  AND WE'RE
GRATEFUL FOR WHAT WE GET.

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
 (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless
 series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary"  -- H. L. Mencken