[geeks] new lists? 8-)

Amy geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 13 12:41:27 CST 2001

you asked, so i'm answering. likely only bill will be able to understand
the amylogic on this. its mostly a build-up of crap thats really grinded
on my nerves for awhile.

primarily? because the comment assumes that i'm some sort of evil banshee
that wants to turn someone into something they're not, e.g. the hateful spouse
that throws out the computer collection once the papers are signed. its a
bullshit stereotype and every time someone brings it up i get annoyed.
after 4 years of annoyance i am now irritated. i sure dont want to
graduate to pissed off.

bill's made jokes before that i complain now and then about his collecting
habits. and yes, i do complain. i complain when the den gets so full of
elc's that i cannot move a 12" wide vacuum around. it has to get to
that state, folks, before i'll even grumble. even then all im asking is for
them to be stacked neatly so i can go about my housecleaning. when a
frigidaire sized 690 showed up, i merely expressed the opinion that when
he said something fridge sized was gonna be delivered, i was thinking more
along the lines of dorm fridge and not sub-zero. when the vax 6000 showed
up i pushed it neatly into one corner of the garage and dusted it once a
week. and on and on. point is i accepted his collections and his (from my
pov) weird hobbies as a part of him that was non-negotiable. just like my
strangeness is non-negotiable and he accepts and makes fun of it. no
bullshit relationship. what a fucking concept in the 21st century, eh?

dont get me wrong, we've made our compromises. if he gets a cray then i'm
getting a viking range.

in fact, i'll just rant about that computer hating female stereotype some
more.

why do men who have large collections date or marry chicks without making
damn sure they wont mind them? WHY? i mean they cant be that good in bed
to sell your soul for em. i assume they do this so they can come back 5
years later after the court's brought down a divorce decree so they can
bitch about how hateful the woman was? how the evil bitch threw out a sparc
classic while he was at work/on vacation/out shopping?

i mean, damn, be realistic. stop thinking that she'll change cause noone's
gonna change. not you, not her, not it, not the dog or the cat. i didnt
marry the man cause i wanted to change him. i married him cause i happened
to love who he is, even though he's sometimes a loud-mouthed messy git.

GAH.

--a