[geeks] Thoughts re: corporate software replacement

Big Endian geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 11 16:46:55 CST 2001

>On December 11, Fogg, James wrote:
>>  OR... since you will be one of the few people around who can make the new
>>  systems work (since they won't be NT), you can strong-arm the boss for a
>>  whopper raise when you give your resignation.
>
>   Are you implying that there exist people who can make NT "work"? ;)

*bow* at your service.  NT "work"s.  It has its own quirks, its a
pain in the ass, it can't be made to "work" as well as a unix
equivalent can be made to work but I managed a large NT network for a
while.  Sometimes I'd rather have 50 users and a dozen NT servers
than 6 programers and 40 web application servers. (ESPECIALLY when
they don't want to admit that their bugs caused the servesr to thrash
their disks and spike to load averages of 100.00+ a half dozen times
in one day)

daniel