[geeks] bahahahaha.

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 10 17:48:17 CST 2001

> Its a pity that you cant even spank your own children anymore.

Who said you can't spank?  Both my kids will recieve spankings if I think
their attitude requires it.  Earlier today my 4yr-old stamped her foot and
yelled at me.  I explained that she had two choices, go to her room quietly,
or I will take her to her room and give her a spanking on the way there.
She went quietly...

> Abuse is one thing, but a well-placed leather belt is another, and
> tends to make kids remember when they've done wrong.

I just use my hand - I've got big Scottish hams on the end of my arm.
Besides, I don't think I could remove my belt fast enough, and manage to
keep my pants up at the same time...

I agree, abuse is unacceptable.  But an occasional smack on the ass is
sometimes warranted.  Normally, just the fear of a spank is enough to
straighten kids out (see above :).

> Bill (my dad was a cop.  he had a BIG leather belt.  I behaved.)

My dad was in the Navy - damn straight I behaved!

Kurt