[geeks] bahahahaha.

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 10 15:58:29 CST 2001

> >     I will never send my son to public school.
>
> I dunno if I agree with that - I am the product of public schools.  My
> father taught public school math for 32 years.  It may have just been good
> ol' Middleburgh Central, but I ended up with a good education with a broad
> base of skills.

When I was forced (lack of funds) to go to public school during sophmore
year, after the previous years (from kindergarten on) in private schools.
They were teaching stuff in my sophmore and junior years of public school
that I had already learned as far back as 7th grade.  Talk about being bored
off my ass!

> I think the most important part of *any* type of education is parental
> participation.  My parents didn't watch my every move, but they did know
> what I was learning, and made sure I studied, etc.

Agreed.  My parents instituted "homework time" after school.  Before any
other activites were performed, all studying and homework was finished.
They both took an active level of participation in our schoolwork..

Kurt