[geeks] Starshine 3

Fogg, James geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 7 12:40:28 CST 2001

~ > > > What would be the chances of "catching" the bird
~ > > > with a laser and some amateur coordinates. It orbits at
~ about 472km.
~ > > Mighty fscking slim without tracking equipment. Wouldn't
~ be hard to
~ > > build the tracking system if we had the wherewithal. It's sort of
~ > > actually what I went to school for (mech eng + applied physics =
~ > > aerospace design). If you've got spare $$$ floating
~ around, we could do
~ > > it.
~ >
~ > Sigh.  What was the recently posted list policy about
~ discussing terrorism?  I
~ > seem to remeber hearing something after the (j/k) bombing /. thread.
~
~
~ I've left the above uncut on purpose. Can you show me where in there
~ either Mr Fogg or myself says we want to bring the satellite crashing
~ down? He wants to reflect a light beam off of a reflective
~ thing flying
~ around the Earth. Call me foolish, but I don't see any way in
~ which that
~ can be construed as terrorism.
~

Damn... you're all onto me. OK, I fess up... my REAL plan was to get smart
people to help me build satellite tracking/aiming system for a small laser,
then convert that to track with a much larger laser!! MUWAAHUHUHUHUHU! (gee,
I think they made a movie along this plot line... Real Genius).