[geeks] Re: [rescue] OT: Stuffed Proliant?

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 4 20:43:36 CST 2001

> Ah, black powder. Now that is seriously fun shooting and hunting. I have
> a .50 cal TC Firestorm flintlock. Great way to make major clouds of
> white smoke.

Unless you use Pyrodex pellets - no smoke (to speak of).  But I like smoke
:)  It's very impressive...

> Next toy will probably be a .44 Remington New Model Army revolver
> clone.  Or a double barrel cap shotgun. Cap because I can not even
> imagine trying to wingshoot a flintlock...

My grandfather has a side-by-side breech loading 12 ga.  Beautiful.  There's
also a very nice lever action that looks like late 1800s .308 or so.  Never
been able to get enough time with it to do a complete inspection.

Kurt