[geeks] Which Dell Latitude notebook?

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 2 09:20:49 CST 2001

> I am thinking seriously of getting a refurbished Dell
> Latitude notebook. Anyone have recommendations on which model to
> buy? I will not be doing any fancy graphics/media stuff
> with it. I just want something I can take with me and
> use for connecting to the net and use to run some
> simple apps with Linux (and maybe intel Solaris).

I seriously suggest looking at the Inspiron line of notebooks.  They're the
same hardware (for the most part), but in a different form factor, and less
expensive.

I'm very happy with my Inspiron 8000 (similar to the 4000, 45000, and 8500).
The only Dell laptop I didn't like was an Inspiron 3500 - that computer
sucked big beans.  The case was flexible - you could actually grab it by the
two sides and twist it out of shape - never a good thing.  That case
sacrificed strength for light weight - and it failed.

Kurt