[geeks] ADMINISTRIVA: Support

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 9 10:12:35 CDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 10:50:11AM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 03:48:32PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> > > Everyone please take a moment to look at this:
> > > http://www.sunhelp.org/pages.php?page=support
> > My offer of mirroring the web pages still stands.
> DNS could be configured so that all european requests go to David?

Pages are too dynamic right now to do a site mirror.  I found a major
problem yesterday, and fixed it - a site @ auburn.edu was mistakenly
running a ht:dig against the entire mailing list archives twice (or
more) a day due to a bad configuration.  I contacted them and they
fixed it; we'll see how it helps.  (they'd made almost a million hits
to the site in the past 30 days).

However, I still do pay for all bandwidth and hosting out of my own
pocket, so any support of any kind is welcome. 8-)  Right now the
mailing lists average about 500 meg/day, while the web server averages
about 250.

Thanks.

Bill

--