[geeks] Three heads

Kris Kirby geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 7 09:28:37 CDT 2001

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Big Endian wrote:
> I use folding tables ($30 at priceclub) and computers to stand it on.

I've been that route; I loaded so much stuff on the table that one of the
legs popped a weld (no, it all didn't rush into the floor, but I did
unload it rather quickly).

I don't like folding tables; most of them that I have seen, used, or
looked at were entirely too flimsy. Course, not everyone piles thirteen
servers, three [eight-port, rack mountable] KVMs, and a few hubs /
switches on a ten foot table. (That was at work, not home, and that one
didn't pop a weld.)

Then we loaded it all into a metal rack (with 2200VA APC UPS on bottom)
and tried to wheel it around... The casters looked like they were going to
break off.

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   |