[geeks] Is this a J90?

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 08:44:30 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 09:39:52AM -0400, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm on-site this-week and in the datacenter they have a Cray.
> It looks a *lot* like the pictures I've seen of a J90 with
> the exception that the light behind the Cray Logo, instead
> of glowing red, was glowing a neon-greenish.
> http://www.cray.com/products/systems/gallery/j90.html
>  for reference, but the center light-grey column on the right
> cabinet didn't extend to the top of the cabinet.
>
> Curiously...

The J90s I've seen (and down in Laurel, David M. isn't the only one with
one) all used a grean light, not a red one.  Couldn't say what it means
that the column doesn't look the same as in the picture.  You should try
asking this in rescue, since I don't think David M. reads geeks.

--
Joshua D. Boyd