[geeks] Woody was: UltraLinux (was: [rescue] web server loadbalancing...)

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 2 22:16:22 CDT 2001

I've moved this over to the geeks list since it's way out of sun=20
territory now.

I've got that little 8meg 486/100 laptop, and it runs fine on 2.2.19.=20

Leaving aside the "fact" that woody (and potato) can't install on the=20
7meg of available ram (I did it anyway, with potato)

Will woody with 2.4 work okay? Is it worth upgrading? I haven't honestly=
=20
played with the 2.4 kernel yet- how is the size comparing to the older=20
kernels?

-Christof