[geeks] pets as childern was Breeding, etc.

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 30 04:25:47 CDT 2001

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 01:07:17PM +0200, William Staniewicz wrote:

> Chris Byrne wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately with the Ireland move we are most likely going to have to
> > leave Geist with Dreas mom. This is really hurting the both of us, but
> > especially Drea. She's taking it just as hard as a mother would having to
> > leave her child. In fact it's the main problem we are having with the move.
>
> I had to have the vet sign some documentation and make sure the
> shots were OK. The cat travelled in a soft cat-carryon on board
> the airplane with me in the cabin. I had to make arrangements
> with the airline but it was not difficult.
>
> The policy here in the NL is very easy to bringing in pets.
> There is no "isolation" (can't think of the word) procedure.

Quarantine?

The situation in .uk and .ie is somewhat different, as we have no rabies.
Animal imports are therefore *very* strictly controlled.  I believe that
the regulations have been somewhat eased (at least in .uk) if you can
prove that your animal is vaccinated.  But this only applies to imports
from particular countries.

Chris, have you checked with the Irish consulate on exactly what the rules
are for bringing animals from .us to .ie?

--
David Cantrell | root at alphacomplex.org | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

       Rip, Mix, Burn, unless you're using our latest and greatest
         operating system which we couldn't be arsed to complete