[geeks] FS: SpeedStream 5660 ADSL router/firewall/NAT gateway/bridge

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Apr 29 19:51:42 CDT 2001

I've got an Efficient Networks 5660 ADSL/Ethernet router
(actually a 5260 upgraded via firmware flash to a 5660) for sale.

I've decided I dont need NAT, and am sticking with my old clunky
Alcatel 1000 now that I figured out how to get into its
management interface. 8-)

Product information:

http://www.efficient.com/products/routsoho.html
http://www.efficient.com/pdf/products/5600.pdf

Product documentation:

http://support.efficient.com/docs/pdf/5600c.pdf
http://support.efficient.com/KB/5000/5660CommandReference.html

Blurb from the web page:

SpeedStream SOHO DSL Routers are designed for the small office or home
office (SOHO) with limited resources that needs to share DSL access across
a small network. Full-featured local and remote Web-based management tools
make support a snap.Comprehensive routing features include support for
network address port translation (NAPT), dynamic host configuration protocol
(DHCP), and domain name server (DNS) relay.

Efficient Networks recognizes that security is vital to every business,
regardless of size. All SpeedStream SOHO DSL Routers come with an advanced
firewall for network protection. Built-in security allows busy entrepreneurs
to focus on the business, not the technology behind it.

Features:

Up to 8Mbps downstream and 800Kbps upstream
Web-based management and diagnostics
Built-in firewall capabilites
Support for multiple users
Works with any operating system
Assured interoperability with DSL networks worldwide
>From the router itself:
--- General Router Information
 System Mode          - Router
 System Type          - SpeedStream 5660-R:ENI
 System HW Version    - 0
 System Up Time       - 0 Days 0 Hours 0 Minutes 38 Seconds
 Software Version     - 2.2.0(65) Jul 20 2000 17:02:25
 Factory MAC Address  - 00:20:ea:14:9b:02
 DSL Phy Description  - Motorola 850 SAR Alcatel/RT Adapter
 DSL Phy Version      -
 DSL Interface State  - Down
 Host Name            - SpeedStream
 Domain Name          - domain.invalid
 IP Gateway           -
 Ethernet Interface   - 10.0.0.1/255.0.0.0
 DSL Interface        - 0.0.0.0/255.255.255.0
 RIP Mode             - Enabled
 DNS Server           - Enabled
 DHCP Server          - Enabled
 NAPT Mode            - Enabled
 IP Filter Mode       - Disabled

This unit can also be configured as a bridge if you want to replace
an existing ADSL bridge with it.

Asking $110.  PayPal preferred, shipping included.

Bill
--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net