[geeks] Breeding

John Duksta geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 27 12:44:26 CDT 2001

My brother and sister-in-law ended up doing that. The difference
with them was that he was doing the regular job that brought
home the paycheck and she owned a retail shop that never really
did more than break even. Shortly after the arrival of their
second child, they decided to close the shop down and have
her be the fulltime mom. She's really happy with it that way
and the kids have become much more well behaved.

Ken's comment about family pre-requisites reminds me of a
quote from "Parenthood"

Tod: "You know, Mrs. Buchman, you need a license to buy a dog,
to drive a car -- hell, you even need a license to catch a fish.
But they'll let any butt-reaming asshole be a father."

-john