[geeks] Breeding

amy geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 26 16:48:50 CDT 2001

John Duksta wrote:
> Best contraceptive I ever found is an afternoon dealing
> with other people's poorly behaved children, which these
> days seems to be most peoples children.

poorly behaved is an understatement nowadays. i have many friends and
relatives with children yet only one or two (out of thirty or more) are
anything close to well-behaved or disciplined...the rest are pretty much
left to run wild and play nintendo all day long.

they're pretty much ignored by their mothers and they eat frozen food
all the time (interestingly enough, i've noticed that in the newer
parenting generations, the quality of fathering hasnt changed--it's
still quite good). when i look at it in comparison to the way my sister
and i were raised, it just sickens me. its like a million people out
there went out and had kids instead of getting a dog or a cat.

> 2 cats and a beagle is all the kids we want.

max is plenty enough excitement for me. i mean, where else can one have
a 'child' who eats pool filters(pvc), lawn mowers(steel), garbage
cans(pvc), pots(fired clay), glassware, and 35lbs of dog food a week? ;)

--amy