[geeks] power requirements of SS1000?

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 25 11:20:44 CDT 2001

Well, my guess would be 8 amps (pure guess) x 120 Volts x 24 hours x 30 days = 691200 VA/month, or 690 Kilowatts.

So, a rough number would be about 85 KW/month per amp consumed (for rough estimates).

Again, just a guess - your power plate will guide you to the ultimate answer.

Does it have a drive spin-down power-save mode ;^)

$20 bucks huh - let me be the first to say it - lucky bastard!

Good luck,

Ken